Expedition Everest Teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Saving Mr. Banks **Please Mark Any Potential Spoilers**

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Saving Mr. Banks **Please Mark Any Potential Spoilers**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAIRat
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Saving Mr. Banks **Please Mark Any Potential Spoilers** Reply with quote

Anyone else seen this movie yet? What did you think? My family went to see it yesterday. My wife and I LOVED it but I had no idea about one of the subplots which, I'm afraid, may have hit a little too close to home for my dad.
'00 - Studios Merch (Stage 1/Tatooine Traders/Coaster Photo/Fantasmic), '05-'06 - Attractions (KSR), Dinoland Merch, '06-'07 - Concierge (Multiple Resorts), '07-'08 - Dream Squad (Aminal Kingdom), '10 - DVC Member Services
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ltldeb and I saw it on Christmas Eve. We loved it and found it to be very well done.

I had read an article about PL Travers and how they portrayed her in the movie was really quite kind. She really was a VERY not-nice person.

I also found that Tom Hanks did a good job at portraying Walt, but it was only during his visit to PL Travers home that I felt he really hit the mannerisms of Walt (based upon video and TV appearances) perfectly.

CAIRat
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. We actually went home and rewatched Mary Poppins after seeing it. I found all of the performances to be really good but I think the Sherman Brothers were my favorites (being the Disney music nut that I am). I actually had to go back and look up their histories. I had no idea that Bob Sherman was one of the first troops to walk into Dachau after it was liberated. Fascinating stuff. I think Hanks seemed at his best when he was having the more intimate conversations but, overall, all of the performances were pretty amazing.
'00 - Studios Merch (Stage 1/Tatooine Traders/Coaster Photo/Fantasmic), '05-'06 - Attractions (KSR), Dinoland Merch, '06-'07 - Concierge (Multiple Resorts), '07-'08 - Dream Squad (Aminal Kingdom), '10 - DVC Member Services
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it with the family. Long verion of it, PL Travers had issues, serious issues, but I think the movie handles those issues well and made good effort to invoke sympathy for he, when they could have portraited her a lot more severely.

I felt the best part of hte move was the Sherman brothers. I thought they came across the most believable.
CAIRat
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Wasn't sure what to expect from Jason Schwartzman but they both did an amazing job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: