Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - 2014 Dopey Challenge

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

2014 Dopey Challenge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Concourse Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjturmel
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: 2014 Dopey Challenge Reply with quote

Hi all! Registration opened for the 2014 WDW Marathon weekend yesterday. I signed up for the 5K and (my first) Half Marathon. The 10K closed so quickly and I was unable to do that one. My husband is "dopey" and will be doing the Dopey Challenge (his first WDW Marathon)! Did any fellow UABlisteners register for the 2014 Marathon Weekend?
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw that 10K filing up as fast as it was, I made sure my wife registered. She got in just under the wire. So we'll be at Marathon Weekend in January.

I'll be registering for the full before my Disney Visa discount expires. One more half next month to try to get a better qualifying time for entry.

The bug has been placed in GrumpDaddy's ear, and i think he'll be joining us in January. (Kathy, if you're reading this, it was his idea. He put me up to running again.)

We plan on Staying at PO. We are burned out on value resorts right now. Plus, they are crazy during Marathon Weekend.

Congratulations on jumping in. Good luck with training.
Jklok
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the goofy last year and will be there in full force for the dopey this year. I am also doing the expedition Everest next month, the tower of terror 10, and the wine and dine in November. Maybe I'm just dopey about Disney runs. But they are always a good time no matter how painful.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jklok

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: WDW MARATHON WEEKEND RESULTS. HOW DID EVERY ONE DO? Reply with quote

I just wanted to check in with every one who ran in the wdw marathon weekend and see how every one did

Personally I did
5k - 27min
10k - 1:00
Half- 2:11
Full- 4:44
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It went really well. I took my time on the 5k and 10k. Then, I paced my wife for the half which was a bit of a disaster since she had undertrained. But, the marathon was great! Perfect weather and fresh legs kept me moving, and I finished in 4:13. Admirable given the previous 3 days of running. I'm writing a recap for my blog now. Will let you know when it's up.
jahosifatz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both parts of my Dopey Challenge recap if anyone's interested.

http://www.alwaysrunningforward.com/2014/01/2014-walt-disney-world-marathon-weekend.html
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to all the UAB runners. Always a exciting weekend.

Donna ran the 10K and did well despite spotty training due to foot surgery. She is ready to go back next year.

I struggled with the heat and humidty for the half on Saturday and ended up with a sub par performance. More incentive to register for 2015.

Looking forward to reading the blogs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Concourse Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: